Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to reality

Well AJ and I had a great weekend in Indy. We put up the dry wall in the garage....we did an awesome job working together...and we had help from our friends CJ and Sarah. I must say I was nervous doing a project like that together...I could just see us blowing up at each other the first time he yelled at me for not doing something right....but we did well, he didn't even yell at me when I drove the screws all the way through the drywall or completely missed the stud...I think having CJ and Sarah had alot to do with him keeping quiet though :) No, really, we worked really well together!
And now we're back to reality...back to ortho trauma and he's back to MBA classes. AJ submitted his residency application today....so much closer to interviewing with UofL....so much closer to hopefully being in the same city!!
The attending for my ortho trauma rotation is quite the 2 yr old (I'll call him Bob)...Bob can take anything and make it dirty....you can't say "number 2", "swallow", "screw", "hard", "wet" within context of a regular sentence without him turning it into something dirty...it's CONSTANT!! he doesn't miss a beat
And Bob farts all the time in surgery....as a matter of fact, today before a case was about to start, he rips one and then runs out of the OR saying he needs to go check himself....YUCK!!
Putting all this aside though, Bob really is a great guy and a great attending....you can't hardly find a surgeon more laid back than him.
Oh, has anyone ever heard of "slaw" or "coleslaw" in a context outside of food? I found out today.....again, yuck!

No comments: