Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, October 22, 2009

32 weeks

I can't believe we are now down to single digit weeks left! Our little guy is now 32 weeks along and here's what's supposedly going on with him now:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

And here's what the belly looks like now at 32 weeks:


AJ and I had our marathon (9am-5pm) prenatal class last Saturday and, yes, it reaffirmed all my fears about this whole giving birth process! Well, I guess it wasn't that bad....it was actually very informative (maybe a little too much!)....but we do feel a bit more prepared now....can't believe how little time we have now! Also, our crib still has not come in.......so no nursery pics still until that comes in and I can get down and dirty in there getting it all ready to go!
I must say as the weeks keep coming I'm becoming more and more uncomfortable....but today I got a pregnancy massage at Z salon and spa courtesy of my very loving hubby :) It felt so good, but as with all massages, it was too short!! And for those that are curious, the pregnancy massage is done on a table with a hole in it so when you're on your belly your baby bump hangs out the hole! I'm sure that threw him for a loop in there.....he's never been in a position like that before!! It was more comfortable than it sounds though.
Well this weekend AJ and I will be heading to Dubois county...AJ's sister and mom are hosting a baby shower for me there on Sunday....Baby Voelkel can't wait!!

No comments: